Tethered handheld iris recogniton and face camera.
- High Speed Dual Iris Capture
- Compact and Lightweight
- Single Motion Automatic Iris and Face Capture
- Intuitive Operator Guidance System
- Standards Compliant Hardware and Software
Previous handheld iris recognition systems required significant cooperation and for a subject to remain completely motionless in order to capture high quality iris images. Iris ID has developed a series of algorithms which provide the capability to capture iris images while either the person or the device is in motion. The “iris in motion” capability helps to realize new horizons in market applications for the technology.
High Speed – Dual Iris Capture
Iris Image Capture Process
Fully automatic dual iris image capture and quality analysis routines are available as a part of the Iris ID SDK API set for the field application of the iCAM TD100. An illustration of the iris capture GUI screen is shown below. Iris ID’s iData SDK runtime license for iris enrollment and quality assessment is available for use with the iData TD100 module subsystem. Iris and face capture are performed by the operator extending their arm from the face capture distance to the iris capture distance as illustrated.
The face capture API function is included in the SDK
- The integrated framing function provides feedback for the capture of a properly formatted ISO/ICAO face image.
- Manual face capture with auto focus is also possible through the camera calls in the iData SDK sample application.
- An application developer can also use host based face finding to trigger the face capture automatically from the host processor.
- Face capture can be initiated through API or via the shutter button on the iCAM TD100.
- Sample illustrations of face capture modes are shown.